Friday, February 18, 2011

What a beautiful day!

Wow, what a beautiful day for mid-February in Missouri!  Nearly 70 degrees, sun shining, just makes a person feel better no matter what else is going on.  Today has been a good day.  Weighed in this morning (lost 4 pounds this week), got my entire workout done, and for a bonus my husband came in to town, we went to lunch together and then walked around the little lake near my office.  And, of course it is Friday, with a weekend ahead of us.  Who could ask for more!

Three weeks into this program, and it really truly is beginning to feel like a habit.  While I really am not a creature of habit, I want this diet and exercise program to become habit-like so that it becomes second nature.  I do not want to have to think about what I should and should not eat.  Yesterday was a bit of a challenge for me, as we had a committee meeting at an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet.  I did not have pizza.  I did have salad, green beans, and some beef with mushrooms.  But, I successfully stayed away from the pizza and desserts - two of my weaknesses!

I shared the fact that I am writing this blog with a friend of mine yesterday, and even though no one is following it but me, I still have this feeling that I am accountable for my actions.  Stick to the plan.  Stay on course.  And, ultimately this is what I wanted from this experience.  I wanted to feel like someone out there could call me on my program at any time.  Like, hey, did you skip working out?  How did it feel when you cheated and ate that dessert?  So far, believe it or not, I have not cheated, and my husband is doing this program with me, so that makes it much easier to stay on course.  Even eating out, I have stayed with salads and very little dressing (I don't like a lot anyway), vegetables, and some kind of protein.  One day soon, when I have reached my goal, then I can splurge now and then on those carbs and desserts.  For now, though, I will stick with the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment