Monday, February 21, 2011

Keep on keeping on

This weekend was frankly a bit of a struggle for me.  Saturday, I had the pleasure of spending the day with my husband in town doing a bit of shopping and having a belated Valentine lunch at a new restaurant.  We love sushi, and this place was voted best sushi in town.  Atmosphere was wonderful, company was fabulous, and the food was excellent - but not necessarily part of my diet.  I didn't blow it too badly, but I try not to stray very often.  Saturday would have been okay if that had been the only incident.  But, Sunday was pot luck dinner after church.  Our church people are not big on veggies.  As a matter of fact, our pastor requested her favorite dish - potatoes!  and wanted several to choose from.  There was quite a bit of protein to choose from in the meat category, but no veggies to speak of unless you count cole slaw, which I don't because of all the dressing.  And, the desserts were a special cake made to celebrate our pastor getting a second master's degree.  It would have been rude of me not to have a slice, which I did, but only a very small one with very little icing. 

Today, however, I am back on course.  Worked out this morning and have been back on protein shakes for breakfast and lunch.  A quick bite to eat when I get home from work, then on to a meeting.  If I eat at home, I am much less likely to eat something at a meeting or afterwards that doesn't fit in my game plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment