Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's all part of the plan

40 pounds in 4 months.  That's the goal I have set for myself.  Sounds a bit daunting, so I broke it down.  That's only 10 pounds a month, or 2 1/2 pounds a week.  That sounds more like something I can do, and take it one day at a time.  Just how do I plan to achieve this goal?

Not only do I love, and I mean love, food, but I have a job that finds me sitting at a computer a good part of the day.  Not every day, but enough, and with a crazy schedule with night and weekend meetings and events, it doesn't leave much time in my schedule for exercise.  Nevertheless, I have made a commitment to exercise at least 6 days a week.  On Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, I will do 10 minutes on the Nordic Track (you remember that piece of exercise equipment, don't you?) to warm up, and then I have a full body workout my very workout savvy husband put together for me on the Bow Flex.  Then on Tuesday and Thursday, I will do cardio only and do 20-30 minutes on the Nordic Track.  So, this morning, it was 20 minutes.  Today I went 2.5 kilometers in 20 minutes.  Not bad for a girl who hasn't worked out in quite some time!

Now to the food part of the equation.  I had some requirements that needed to be met on the program I chose.  1.  It has to be easy to follow.  I don't have time, nor the inclination, to count  calories or match cards.  Some people enjoy that, I just don't happen to be one of them. 2.  It has to fit into my budget.  I don't have the financial resources to spend extra dollars on a weight loss system.  3.  It has to be safe.  I'm trying to lose weight to get healthy - I certainly don't want the program I'm on to contribute in a negative way.  4.  It has to taste good.  I won't eat it or stick with it if I have to force it down my throat.  5.  IT NEEDS TO GET RESULTS!!!  What is the point in all this sacrifice if I get to the end of the program and I've lost 5 pounds in 4 months?  My goal is way bigger than that.

So after careful research, I chose the Arbonne 30 days to feeling fit program.  Now, before you go jumping to conclusions, I will tell you that I am an Arbonne consultant, so basically it's like buying from my own store.  But that is not the primary reason I chose this program.  It meets the above criteria, and I know these products are safe.  And, how can I promote this program if I have never tried it myself?  Who better to be a guinea pig than me?  My purpose in this blog is not to sell product.  If you want to purchase, I can help you.  But I am not here to be a commercial.  If you have another plan that works for you and meets your criteria, great.  The objective here is to give people who are trying to make positive changes in their lives support by hearing about the successes and failures of someone else in their same position. 

Tomorrow I'll share a few more specifics about the program itself.  Tonight, my husband is making dinner.  He is very supportive of my efforts to get healthy and lose weight, so I am sure it will be nutritious, healthy, and of course, delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment